Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"I want to make money."


Those are apparently the words of Democratic Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich who was arrested today on charges he tried to sell the U.S. Senate seat belonging to President Elect Barack Obama.

Thanks a lot Rod. You fucking greedy little dick.

As if this country needs this kind of distraction from the Democrat in Barack Obama’s own state charged with replacing him. We’re deep into a recession and getting deeper and all some politicians can do is think of how much money they can make. All they can do is give Rupert Murdoch’s goons at the NY Post and Fox News Channel something of substance to actually talk about.

All during the primaries, during the election, I was biting my lip silently hoping that pundits -pro or con-, comedians, late night talk show hosts, rappers, musicians, -whoever- would just shut the fuck up and not do anything to distract the public from Barack Obama’s platform by saying or doing something stupid. Seriously. I was afraid Kanye West would… well be Kanye West, and say something so retarded, so idiotic that it would gain traction in the media. But it didn’t happen. Even the Reverend Wright shooting his mouth off (Mr. Wright, this election was not about whether or not anybody heard all of, or understood your 9/11 sermons you egomaniacal jerk off) was drowned out. So thanks a lot Rod. This could spell trouble, this could actually be a distraction.

When the stocks and indices dip tomorrow I’ll think of you getting corn holed until your toupee shoots off your head in prison.

Thanks a lot, you fucking greedy little corrupt dick.

The allegations go beyond the Illinois Senate seat. Apparently this asshole went after journalists too. Governor Blagojevich is charged with threatening to illegally withhold state assistance to Tribune Co. (which coincidentally filed for bankruptcy today), related to the sale of Wrigley Field home of the lovable, long-suffering Chicago Cubs. Why bring them into this shit?... Governor Blagojevich wanted members of the Chicago Tribune's editorial board fired because they had been critical of him.

Governor Blagojevich considered appointing himself to the Senate seat telling his Deputy Governor "they're not going to offer me anything of value I might as well take it… I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain."

Read enough? I have.

I hope they take this thieving corrupt idiot down real hard if these wiretaps are telling us the truth. The force behind his ouster and prosecution must come from within the Democratic Party itself. I want to see the same indignant grandstanding that went on when President Bill Clinton was scandalized by the spurious Monica Lewinsky affair.

Wow. It’s 1:47pm already. Nothing. Silence.
I mean seriously people,
what the fuck?


I thought I’d have heard a statement from Howard Dean or somebody by now.

Oh, and in other news, apparently the NYPD is shoving nightsticks up people’s asses again
What the fuck America?… What the fuck.

-SJ

No comments: